Post-doctoral Opportunity: Deep-learning for Exploration of Brain Cancer
Dr. Richard Frayne at the University of Calgary has reached out to the department to advertise a post-doc position using deep learning to study brain cancer.
Details for the position can be found below. Interested candidates should contact Dr. Frayne with the information listed below.
Come join our team in Canada’s Rocky Mountains! The Vascular Imaging Laboratory at the Seaman Family Centre has received from the University of Calgary’s Vice President Research, a prestigious Eyes High Post-doctoral Scholarship (C$55k/year × 2 years).
This position will continue an ongoing study funded by Canadian Cancer Society Research Institute and will focus on differentiating true progression from pseudo progression in glioblastoma patients.
It will employ newly developed, human interpretable, deep learning methods.
- PhD (completed after December 2015 and before April 2019) in Medical Imaging, Machine Learning, Biomedical Engineering, Physics, or related area
- Good command of spoken and written English, and a strong interest in advancing this project
Please visit the following for more information:
- Vascular Imaging Laboratory
- The Seaman Family Centre
- The University of Calgary
- The Eyes High Scholarship Program
To express interest in this position please send, before 30 November 2018:
- a one-page research statement
- an updated CV,
- unofficial transcript(s), and
- name, address and email of two references
Email your package to Richard Frayne, PhD – firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Prospect <Your Name> Eyes High” as the subject line.