Senior Scientist in Cellular and Molecular Biology at AbbVie
Senior Scientist, Cellular/Molecular Biology
USA, Illinois, Chicago
Research & Development
Job ID: 1802097
AbbVie Oncology Discovery is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Cell/Molecular Biologist with a proven track record of accomplishments in the cancer field. Applicants should have extensive laboratory research experience and a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role. Strong communication and teamwork skills are essential as the candidate is expected to operate in a highly paced and multi-disciplined environment, interacting with diverse groups of experts from within or outside of their scientific discipline. The candidate must be able to prioritize and manage multiple research activities. A background in the mechanisms of cell death and/or oncogenic signaling is preferred.
- Routinely demonstrate scientific initiative and creativity in research or development activities.
- Highly autonomous and productive in performing laboratory research or method development, requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor.
- Formulate conclusions and design follow-on experiments based on multidisciplinary data.
- May initiate new areas of investigation that are scientifically meaningful, reliable, and can be incorporated directly into a research or development program.
- A primary author of publications, presentations, regulatory documents and/or primary inventor of patents.
- Demonstrates high proficiency across a wide range of relevant technologies.
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug and radioactive compounds, and animal care where applicable.
- Direct mentorship of others
- Level and compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- PhD, Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Cell/Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics/Genomics, Pharmacology,
- 10+ (BS), 8+ (MS), 0+ (PhD) years of experience in cell/molecular biology, oncogenic pathways, cell death signaling and/or translational research in Oncology
- Previous experience in drug discovery and/or translational research is preferred, but not required
- Impactful research experience as demonstrated by track record of publications, patents and/or scientific accomplishments is essential, as is the ability to engage internal and external scientific leaders in collaborative research.
- Technical proficiency in standard biochemical, cellular and molecular biology techniques with a working knowledge of ‘omics technologies are a must.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Ph.D and 3+ years of experience in post-doctoral or industry setting
Key Leadership Competencies
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled