SmART Scientific Solutions Position
SmART Scientific Solutions is looking for a Master's or PhD graduate to fill a position for developing a novel small animal research platform.
You can find out more about the company on their website, and information about the position itself, below
Researcher MSc or Postdoc in (Bio)Physics or BioMedical Sciences (1fte) for a project to develop a radiation research platform.
What are we looking for
- Research software developer in biomedical sciences
- We are looking for a dynamic co-worker, preferably a recent graduate with a MSc degree in physics, biophysics, biomedical sciences (or similar)
- Candidates with a relevant PhD will also be considered
- Ideally, you have knowledge of system development and basic or advanced computer programming skills
- You should be excited about working in an R&D company, in close collaboration with the academic world
- You should have an excellent study record and be willing to work in a small highly motivated team
- You should be willing to relocate to the region around Maastricht (which is also close to Germany and Belgium)
- Knowledge of the Dutch language is not a requirement
- You should be fluent in English (written and spoken)
Which project do we offer
We will soon start a new project, IRRADION, co-funded by the EU, where we will develop a novel radiation research platform for preclinical cancer studies with small animals. The platform will use small robots to perform CT imaging and proton tomography. The system will be able to irradiate with precise photon beams and can be docked to a clinical proton beam for irradiation with protons. The final result will be a unique prototype system that will revolutionize radiation research in oncology and other fields. The project is in collaboration with the University of Maastricht and Czech company Radalytica1, where most of the robotics work will take place. The position we are offering will focus on development of software for dose calculation for proton irradiation, and for proton imaging.
Who are we
SmART Scientific Solutions BV is an expanding Dutch company in the field of biomedical research&development, specialized in radiation dose calculations.
We focus on preclinical research but are also active in other fields. Our company is based on the Maastricht Brightlands Campus, and we work in collaboration with Maastricht University in Maastricht, the Netherlands.
Visit us on www.smartscientificsolutions.com
What do we offer
We offer a 12 month contract in this exciting project, with a potential extension for another two years or permanent position afterwards. Salary is between 2750€ and 3500€ gross per month, depending on experience. The package includes an 8% vacation pay, 4 weeks vacation, with 6 additional fixed vacation days. If you are a foreigner, you may qualify for the 30% tax ruling if you live 150km away from the Dutch border. Relocation expenses will be reimbursed up to a maximum of 3000€.
Further information and applying for this position
Please contact prof Dr Frank Verhaegen by e-mail (email@example.com) or by calling +32-474-720570, preferably before May 31.